Somewhere (Movie Scene)

 


   





For my project, I decided to insert myself in a scene from 1977's Star Wars. Since the film's original release, director George Lucas decided that he wanted to rename the film to A New Hope as well as add multiple deleted scenes with more special effects. One of these new scenes added to the story includes gangster Jabba the Hutt as well as bounty hunter Boba Fett, both of which were not in the original version of the film. Since Boba Fett was an addition to the film, this where I thought I would also add myself in. For my outfit, I threw together a rain jacket, green pants, some belts, a vintage WWII gas mask, and a wig, For the accessories, I placed a bread knife and an umbrella in the belt loops wrapped around my body. I chose to go with this design as Star Wars bounty hunters have always had strange appearances, ranging from robots, lizardmen, bug people, and the occasional person wearing Mandalorian armor such as Boba Fett. 


Unused backgrounds:


From Star Wars (1977)




From The Empire Strikes Back (1980)



From Return of the Jedi (1983)



Comments

  1. Hey Joseph! I love your final project, it looks very good! You did such a good job getting this done and making yourself fit into this scene. The mask you wore was a great addition to the image you got taken of yourself. I also like how you are wearing yellow because you stand out a little bit, like if you were a really important character or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the kind of vibe I was trying to accomplish with the look, thank you!

      Delete
  2. Hello! I think your dedication to this project is awesome. This is a really good photoshop because you look very proportional to the other characters. I think you already fixed your logo to be on the floor, but other than that I have no critics. Also nice cropping! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, I had updated this project with changing the logo's location, I just didm't update this blog. The final version is in my final portfolio.

      Delete
  3. Joseph, I like the movie you picked out. Your makeshift costume also went very well with the actors in the film. I would maybe move the logo somewhere else, but besides that you nailed the project. Which movie in the series is it? None the less, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And this screen shot was from a scene in Episode 4: A New Hope

      Delete
  4. Joseph, this is very creative. I think that inserting yourself into a scene from Star Wars is very cool! The gas mask you have on is very fitting for the pandemic and kinda creepy at the same time. I think your over all look fits into the scene well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joseph -- I love how this project turned out. I think you did a great job at color correcting yourself and adjusting the brightness to fit the scene. The outfit and mask fit perfectly for the scene and you look like a real-life bounty hunter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this personally because I like the star wars movies and second you matched the scene very well. The mask and wig over looks just like a character you would find in the movie. You made it look very believable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Portfolio

Portfolio - Updated

Black and White to Color