Black and White to Color

 The image I chose to use for this project was from Halloween 2019, where I painted my face and wore clothes to look like a protestor from the movie Joker. In the photo, I had just gotten back from a party and was feeling exhausted, and had begun peeling the paint from my face. The reason why the paint was peeling was that I had used acrylic paints, which aren't healthy to put on faces, but I was broke and in art school so I used what I had. I felt like this photo captured me in a way that not a whole lot of images can, with me trying to be humorous but not afraid to allow the faults show. For my color selections, I arranged them in a pattern that I thought would best allow the shapes to pop from each other. 


Original photo:
Analogous colors:
Complementary colors:
Triad colors:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Portfolio

Portfolio - Updated